We unveiled the new patent-pending ARCH Acoustic Resolution Clarifier™ at AXPONA 2017.
The unique shape of the patent-pending ARCH and its material construction make it an effective vibration control base for speakers and other audio components.
The ARCH is constructed from a lossy material that dissipates vibration across the audio frequency spectrum. Its design is a curved shape with two ends that rest on the floor at an angle, thus minimizing transferred energy from the cabinet to the ground. In addition, the ARCH flexes under the weight of the speaker as the latter vibrates, further reducing the transferred energy.
Although the ARCH was designed primarily for speakers, it may be used to good effects under other audio components. There are six different sizes of ARCH:
- The original ARCH 1 set consists of 8 individual bases, each with a weight bearing limit of 30 lbs. Four ARCH 1 bases can support a speaker weighing a maximum of 120 lbs.
- For speakers weighing between 120 lbs. and 240 lbs. each, the original ARCH 2 can be put under an ARCH 1 base to hold up to 60 lbs. Each ARCH 2 base can also hold up to 30 lbs.
- For speakers weighing more than 240 lbs., we offer the original ARCH 3. Each ARCH 3 base can hold up to 100 lbs.
- The original Lite-ARCH is for lighter speakers weighing up to 80 lbs. Each Lite-ARCH base can hold up to 20 lbs.
- The Mini-ARCH has been improved for use under audio components such as preamps, digital sources, and turntables. Each Mini-ARCH base can support a maximum load of 5 lbs. For heavier components simply stack the Mini-ARCHs to support the weight.
- The Super-ARCH 1 is a premium ARCH designed primarily for speakers and amplifiers weighing up to 120 lbs. Each Super-ARCH base can support a maximum load of 30 lbs.
The Super-ARCHs are finished in matte black and sold in sets of 8 pieces. The Mini-ARCHs are sold in sets of 12.
The original ARCH 1, ARCH 2, ARCH 3 and Lite-ARCH are sold unfinished in sets of 8. For information on finishing options and how the ARCH works, go to our ARCH Technology page. Read the White Paper on the ARCH’s performance compared to speaker spikes. Also read Audio Bacon’s review, which concluded “the ARCH undoubtedly punches above its weight at this price. Even better, Gingko Audio offers a 30-day money back guarantee on all their ARCH products, as long as you cover shipping (they’re super light!). There’s literally no risk for trying out the ARCHs for yourself.”